Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 SSD is finally launched with new V-NAND technology. The latest SSD from Samsung brings higher energy, efficiency, and reliability. The key agenda is to perform well while gaming.
As per the specifications, the all-new 990 PRO-SSD lands with read and write speeds of up to 7,450 MB/s and 6,900MB/s, and random read and write speeds of up to 1,400K and 1,550K IOPS, respectively. As compared to the last 980 the new 990 Pro SSD enhances its performance by 55%.
“With continuing innovations in gaming, 4K and 8K technology as well as AI-driven applications, consumers’ need for high-performance storage is growing exponentially,” said KyuYoung Lee, Vice President of the Memory Brand Product Biz Team at Samsung Electronics. “The 990 PRO provides an optimal balance of speed, power efficiency and reliability, making it an ideal choice for avid gamers and creative professionals seeking uninterrupted work and play.”
Moreover, the Samsung 990 PRO flaunts a nickel coating on the controller and tabbed heatsinks on the hard drives to ensure reliable thermal management.
Samsung also released the availability details of the 990 PRO. According to the official information, it will be available globally in November 2022.
Samsung NVMe SSD 990 PRO Series Key Specifications:
- Interface: PCIe Gen 4.0 x4, NVMe 2.0
- Form Factor: M.2 (2280)
- Storage Memory: Samsung V-NAND 3-bit TLC
- Controller: Samsung in-house controller
- Capacity: 1TB, 2TB, 4TB
- DRAM: 1GB LPDDR4, 2GB LPDDR4, 4GB LPDDR4
- Sequential Read/Write Speed: Up to 7,450 MB/s, Up to 6,900 MB/s
- Random Read/Write Speed: (QD32) Up to 1,400K IOPS, Up to 1,550K IOPS
- Management Software: Samsung Magician Software
- Data Encryption: AES 256-bit Full Disk Encryption, TCG/Opal V2.0,
Encrypted Drive (IEEE1667)
- Total Bytes: Written 600TB 1200TB 2400TB
- Warranty: Five-year Limited Warranty
Samsung 990 PRO SSD Price:
In order to purchase, the 1TB model will cost $179, the 2TB version will cost $309 (about 2113.56 yuan), and the 4TB model will be launched next year.