Android 13 is still a step away, and as per predictions, it going to release by Nov 2022. Although a way ahead of Android 13 updates released by Google, Samsung also capture its focus on its low-end smartphones as well and as a part of it, they always keep its keen view on every segment. The latest inline to receive the Android 12 update is the Galaxy F12, and the update is now available in India.
Noticeably, the One UI 4.1 (Android 12) based update for the Galaxy F12 comes with firmware version F127GXXU3BVG1 respectively. To be noted, kindly notice that the new software also comprises the June 2022 security patch as well.
If you are in India and have the Galaxy F12, you can update your phone to Android 12 by heading to the following settings:
- Settings » Software update and
- Tap on Download and install.
Note: Make sure that your phone has enough free storage space to install the update.
Galaxy F12 Android 12(One UI 4.1) update features
- The update brings the revamped UI design along with a Material you-based colour Palette feature. Apart from this new software update also brings new widgets, a new widget picker UI, improved Dark Mode, and thicker sliders for brightness and volume. It also brings improved performance with better animation and transition.
- The new software updates also bring improvisation in all the stock apps, including Calendar, My Files, Samsung Internet, and Samsung Keyboard. The built-in gallery and image editor also add up with new editing features.
- Now in terms of privacy and security, the One UI 4.1 updates also enhance the quick setting toggles used to enable and disable camera as well as microphone access. Its app shows the privacy indicators for active camera and microphone usage.
- The South Korean giant also added a lot of small features related to accessibility.
Galaxy F12 key specs
Screen and resolution
It possesses a 6.5-inch PLS TFT LCD screen which is equipped with a 720 x 1600 Pixels resolution. Apart from this, it has a refresh rate of 90Hz.
The smartphone comes with a bezel-less as well as a notch display that features an aspect ratio of 20:9 and a pixel density of 270ppi, which is quite splendid.
Samsung Galaxy F12 comes with a Quad camera configuration setup on its rear front. It has a 48MP f/2.0 Wide Angle Primary Camera with up to 10x digital zoom, a 5MP f/2.2 Ultra-Wide Angle Lens, a 2MP f/2.4 Macro Camera, and a 2MP f/2.4 Depth Camera.
CPU and GPU units
Talking further the Samsung Galaxy F12 chipset is powered by an amazing Samsung Exynos 8 Octa 850 chipset and an Octa-core processor layout consisting of a Quad-core Cortex A55 2GHz + Quad-core Cortex A55 2GHz. The device runs on a Mali-G52 MP1 GPU supported by 4GB RAM to offer a lag-free multitasking experience.
The device derives its operating power from a 6000mAh Li-ion type cell. Moreover, the non-replaceable battery is also compatible with a 15W Fast Charging technology.
Samsung Galaxy F12 offers 64GB internal storage which can be expanded up to 1TB as per the specific requirement of a particular owner.
- It is also enriched with great features like ISO control, Bokeh Effect, Exposure compensation, Geo-tagging, Face Detection, White balance presets, LED Flash, HDR mode, and Continuous Shooting option. The smartphone is contributed with a single 8MP f/2.2 Wide Angle Primary Selfie Shooter on its front.
- Speaking of connectivity the smartphone supports a 4G VoLTE band, along with other connectivity properties like Wi-Fi, v5.0 Bluetooth, USB OTG, Mobile Hotspot, USB Type-C and A-GPS with Glonass.