Samsung has started rolling out a new app update to its Bixby Wakeup and Bixby Voice applications. As per the latest changelog, the Bixby Wakeup and Bixby Voice July 2023 app versions are 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168 respectively.
Bixby Wakeup Features
You can call Bixby without touching your phone. Register your voice so Bixby responds whenever you say “Hi Bixby” or give a command like “Hi Bixby, How is the weather today?”
∙ Recognize voice wake up command “Hi Bixby”
∙ Register voice wake up command with user’s voice
Bixby Voice Changelog
Do more with Bixby! Here’s what’s new:
- Change the position of Bixby view in Tablet/Fold devices.
- In Tablet, Z Fold devices, the position of Bixby view will be changed to bottom-right side as Windows / DeX.
- Improved wake-up performance and ASR recognition error, so please experience it.
• Children can now use Bixby:
Create a child account within Samsung account and sign-up for Bixby with parental consent.
Currently supported in KR and US, with more countries to be added gradually.
Additionally, functional improvements and bug fixes have been applied.
How to turn on Bixby Voice wake-up?
Open Bixby by pressing and holding the Bixby or Side key, depending on your device’s settings.
Tap Discover (it looks like a compass), and then tap More options (the three vertical dots).
Tap Settings, and then tap Voice wake-up.
To turn it on, simply tap the switch next to Wake with “Hi, Bixby.” If you ever need to turn it off, just tap the switch again.
Bixby Vision Key Features
- Bixby Vision can be accessed from Camera, Gallery, Bixby and the Samsung Internet Browser.
- Using image search, Bixby Vision can find relevant information and images similar to unknown objects or plants and animals.
- Bixby Vision can also recognize unidentified characters and translate foreign languages.
- Upon the scan of a QR code, Bixby Vision immediately directs you to the connected URL.
- With the Accessibility features enabled, Bixby Vision reads texts or colors on your Camera screen aloud.