Samsung is all set to launch its upcoming and new foldable smartphones – Galaxy Z Fold 5 and the Galaxy Z Flip 5 at the Galaxy Unpacked event in Seoul on July 26. The global launch date of these devices has also been revealed and according to the information, these new foldable phones will be launched on August 11, 2023 in the US and Canada markets.
Galaxy Z Fold 5 first official press render leaked
Now the first official press render of the Galaxy Z Fold 5 has been spotted by MySmartPrice, the image has been shown in the Blue colour option. The image also shows S Pen availability. The official render shows a USB Type-C port, speaker grills, and microphone as similar to Z Fold 4.
The Galaxy Z Fold 5 official-looking render indicates of having a triple rear camera setup on the back, which again looks familiar from the Galaxy Fold 4. The only difference we can see as the upcoming Galaxy Fold 5 might pack in a slimmer bezel compared to the Galaxy Z Fold 4.
Galaxy Z Fold 5 specifications leaked
The South Korean tech giant is looking to launch the new Galaxy Z Fold 5 foldable smartphone with a custom-developed Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 SoC for Galaxy which we recently experienced in the Galaxy S23 series. According to a Geekbench listing, the Fold 5’s to come with 12GB of RAM and with 256GB, 512GB and 1TB storage options. Below you can check the key specifications of the upcoming device.
- Foldable Screen Size: 7.6-inch QXGA+ AMOLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate.
- Outer display: 6.2-inch HD+ AMOLED display.
- SoC: Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 SoC for Galaxy.
- Battery: 4400mAh battery with 25W fast charging.
- Rear camera: 50MP primary camera + 12MP ultra-wide camera + 12MP telephoto camera.
- Front camera: 4MP under-screen camera + 10MP outer screen front camera.
- Software: Android 13-based One UI 5.1.
- Other specifications: Dual speakers, side-mounted fingerprint scanner, IPX8 rating, etc.
Unfortunately, the specifications of the Galaxy Z Fold 5 look similar to the last model.