Motorola has just launched the Razr 40 Ultra, which is the company’s most recent foldable smartphone, in China. The phone housed a large 6.9-inch FHD+ internal foldable LTPO pOLED screen with a 1-165Hz refresh rate. Things are not stopping here, as it is the only foldable phone so far that has a 3.6-inch FHD+ outer pOLED screen with a 144Hz refresh rate.
While it employs Snapdragon 8 Gen 1+ SoC from last year’s Razr model. At the same time, the biggest cover screen has numerous options to personalize. It comprises altering the display layout, fonts, theme, and even size. Users can access multiple apps such as music players, maps, and much more, directly from the cover screen.
One of the essential aspects to mention is the number of components in the hinge tends to reduce to 85. Whereas, the hinge holds the display at 45°~120°. Notably, the company claims that it has gone through 400,000 opening and closing tests.
Motorola Razr 40 Ultra specifications
- Internal – 6.9-inch (2640×1080 pixels) FlexView FHD+ pOLED LTPO display, 1-165Hz refresh rate, 10-bit HDR 10+, 123% DCI-P3 color gamut, up to 1400 nits peak brightness
- External – 3.6″ (1056×1066 pixels) QuickView pOLED display, 144Hz refresh rate, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, up to 1100 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 730 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage / 12GB LPDDR5X RAM with 512GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Android 13
- Dual SIM (eSIM + nano)
- 12MP main camera with f/1.5 aperture, OIS, 13MP ultra-wide autofocus camera, 2.5cm macro option, f/2.2 aperture
- 32MP front camera with f/2.4 aperture
- USB Type-C Audio, Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 170.83 (open) / 88.42 (closed) ×74×6.99mm (open) / 15.1mm (closed) Weight: 188g
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Dust and Splash resistant (IP52)
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11ax (2.4GHz/5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 5.3, GPS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 3800mAh battery, 33W TurboPower fast charging, 5W wireless charging
Pricing and availability
The foldable smartphone comes in Infinite Black, Glacier Blue, and Viva Magenta color. Talking about the pricing of the Samsung Fold 5 rival then it introduced a price tag of 5699 yuan (US$ 801 / Rs. 66,080 approx.) for the 8GB + 256GB model and 6499 yuan (US$ 913 / Rs. 75,300 approx.) for the 12GB + 512GB model. It is available for order and will go on sale in China from the 5th of June. Also, Motorola India is also teasing the global launch event, which indicates it going to be launched in India soon.