WhatsApp has now officially announced that you can now able to edit your WhatsApp chats for up to 15 minutes after sending them. Now that this is a gradual rollout so if you don’t see the feature yet, you will in the coming weeks.
How to edit WhatsApp chats
- Long-press on a sent message.
- Choose the ‘Edit option’ from the menu.
- Edit the message as per required and press the tick option.
- Note that you will only be allowed to edit messages up to 15 minutes after sending them.
- You can make changes to the messages as many times as you need to within 15 minutes.
Earlier, users had the option to delete WhatsApp messages, but the ability to edit messages is simply more convenient.