Several bloggers are reporting that Verizon has released the stable One UI 5/Android 13 software update for the Galaxy S22. How it is possible? Is there anything wrong with Verizon or published the changelog by mistake?
The fact is the latest update consists of the October 2022 security patch (S90xUSQS2AVI1) and that is the only can the new update do because the One UI 5 version is currently in the beta stage. Samsung has recently released the third beta for the Galaxy S22 lineup.
So, we can assume that Verizon has published the wrong changelog but yes we can expect the next major Android OS update launch is near for Samsung’s phones. The possible release date will be somewhere in next month i.e October 2022.
List of stable One UI 5 (Android 13) Changelog released by Verizon
This software update brings the latest Android OS 13 and One UI 5 enhancements. BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) has also been enabled.
You can now easily delete unwanted emoji pairs with the new delete function. In addition, “Create” text has been added to the “+” create emoji pair function.
“Touch and hold edit” mode has been added to let you easily edit and customize your lock screen by simply touching and holding on the screen.
Touch and hold on the lock screen to enter lock screen edit mode.
A “Touch and hold edit” option has also been added to the lock screen settings menu.
You can now easily change your lock screen wallpaper directly on the lock screen. From the Wallpapers library, various options are now available, including Wallpaper services such as dynamic lock screen.
To use dynamic lock screen, select Wallpaper in the “Touch and hold edit” mode on your lock screen > Scroll down to “Wallpaper services” > Select the arrow on the right > Select Dynamic Lock screen > select Apply.
You can also change and customize your lock screen clock style.
Edit and customize the notification settings by selecting the preview notifications.
Edit the left and right app shortcut.
Settings: Notification Settings
The notification settings have been reorganized so that related menus can be found on one screen.
Go to Notifications in the settings menu > select App notification to view the apps list and easily toggle each app’s notification on and off.
Settings: Do not disturb notification
You can easily add contact exceptions in the Do not disturb notification settings. Go to “Do not disturb” under notification settings > select Calls and messages > Select + to add contacts to the exceptions list.
Do not disturb exceptions for the app can also be found under Do not disturb > App notifications. Simply select + to add apps to the exceptions list.
- Album: Album: For quick access to organize Albums, select “+” on the top right corner under Gallery > Album. You can choose from the options listed: create an album, create a group, and share an album and auto update an album. A “View all” option has also been added at the top for you to quickly access all your albums.
- People management has also become easier in the Gallery. When there are people groups that are analyzed as the same person or the same type, you will receive recommendations to integrate them into one group.
Settings: Modes and Routines
- Bixby Routines has been renamed to Modes and Routines.
- Under the “Modes” tab, you can utilize different modes to help you focus on your current tasks.
- Under the “Routines” tab, you can add new routines or discover and manage existing routines.
Settings: Security and Privacy
- “Biometrics and security” and “Privacy” have been combined into one menu named “Security and privacy”.
Settings: Connected devices
- Connected devices has been added to the settings menu and grouped with “Connections” settings.
Safety and emergency
- When you press on the lock screen to make an emergency call, the medical information icon has been updated.
- With this update you will have options to provide additional medical information. Select Medical info in the “Safety and emergency” settings menu and make the update.
- The safety and emergency settings have been redefined and now provide more detailed configuration.
- Edit the Emergency SOS settings by selecting Emergency SOS.
- Send messages to your emergency contacts by selecting Emergency sharing.
- The “Shown on Lock screen” option has been added for you to enable or disable medical information that should be shown on the lock screen.
Home Screen: Widget
- You can now stack multiple widgets to best utilize the space on your home screen. You can either create stack widgets by dragging and dropping or you can use the “create widget” option by long pressing one of the widgets you wish to edit.
- Once the stack widget has been created, you can long press to edit the widget or remove it.
- The preview screen of Wallpaper gives you the option to edit your lock screen and home screen wallpapers. Go to Wallpaper > Select the wallpaper you want > A preview screen will pop up > select Preview to edit the wallpaper.
- If you select a picture from the Gallery to use as wallpaper, you can also apply filters to the wallpaper by selecting the “Filter” option on the bottom of the screen.
- In addition, more color options have been added to the color palette in the wallpaper settings. Select Color palette under “Wallpaper and style” to view these options.
- You can turn the color palette on/off by using the toggle button. Select different wallpaper palettes by choosing Wallpaper colors and Basic colors to view additional color modes.
Receive more frequent weather updates through your movement patterns, such as driving, biking, running, or walking. When “Auto refresh on the go” is enabled, you can’t manually refresh the weather. The refresh button will not be shown on the weather widget.
Go to Weather widget > select it > select the settings menu on the top > turn on “Auto refresh on the go”. If you are using it the first time, you will receive a pop up notification to get your permission, select Allow to continue or Don’t allow to dismiss this action.
- Edit and All apps icons have been added to the first depth of the edge panel for easy access. You can find them on the bottom of the edge panel.
- Integrated Filters: The Filters and My filters tabs have been integrated into the “Filters” menu to provide you with a simplified experience. You can also create your own filter by selecting the + button.
- Mode information: The “?” on the top right corner of the camera modes has been removed to provide a cleaner look.
- Histogram in Pro Video mode: The Histogram button has been moved from quick settings in Pro Video mode to the preview screen directly for easier access while taking videos.
- Single take: Single take options have been simplified for content optimization. The max shooting time has been updated to 15secs (10+5secs).
- Food mode: Tele lens is now supported in Food mode.
- Watermark: Watermark can be added to your pictures. You can find watermark under Camera settings. Select the settings wheel on top of your camera > turn on watermark settings. You can edit the model name, date and time, font style and alignment.
Photo and Video Editor
- Color extraction: Provides a better experience when you need to extract the color from an image. Edit a picture > select Draw > Choose a pen to draw > on the pop up color tool box > select the color extraction tool > a magnifying glass will be shown to help you quickly choose the color.
- Easier video trimming: Provides a video trimming button to easily adjust the beginning and end of the video. Edit the video > Trim the video > Move the play bar from the beginning or from the end > a trimming button will appear so you can quickly tap and adjust the video.
- Block numbers: Unblock all numbers has been added to settings so you can easily unblock all blocked numbers.
- Go to the Phone App > select the 3 dots option on the top > select Settings > select Block numbers.
If you have blocked numbers in the list, there will be a 3 dots option on the top. Select the three dots >
- “Unblock all numbers” will show > select it. You will receive a pop-up notification to either “Unblock” or “Cancel”.