Updated Story: September 28, 2022
Verizon has finally started rolling out the One UI 4.1.1 software update for the Galaxy Z Fold 2 and the latest update comes with the build number SP1A.210812.016.F916USQU2HVI6.
Original Story: September 15, 2022
Galaxy Z Fold 2 is the second ancestor of the recently launched Galaxy Z Fold 4. Which arose with the contemporary software, Android 12L-based One UI 4.1.1. Samsung made a statement that it’ll soon release the Android 12L updates to its old family members. Meanwhile, the company made its statement true and updated the Galaxy Z Fold 3, Galaxy Tab S7, and the Galaxy Tab S8 received the Android 12L update.
Android 12L update is available in Germany
The update is available in Germany right now, but we expect it to be available in more countries over the next few days. The new software also includes the September 2022 security patch that fixes two dozen security vulnerabilities. The Galaxy Z Fold 2’s Android 12L-based One UI 4.1.1 update comes bearing firmware version F916BXXU2HVHA.
The new updates can be installed, in a condition if Galaxy Z Fold 2 owner is a native of Germany. Simply via settings » Software update and tap Download and install can be done. One can even download the new firmware file from our firmware database and flash it manually. Don’t forget to back up all your important data before the manual firmware flashing process.
What’s new in Galaxy Z Fold 2’s Android 12L (One UI 4.1.1) update?
As One UI 4.1.1 for the Galaxy Z Fold 4 includes new wallpapers, a taskbar that offers a desktop-like experience, and a “View Details” button in “Battery and Device Care” for quicker access to battery usage information, as same it is consistent for Galaxy Z Fold 2.
- When Galaxy Z Fold 2 welcomes the update Android 12L(One UI 4.1.1) it avails to can pin your favorite apps and app pairs to the taskbar and switch between them easily, while it enhances the taskbar. One can also drag apps from the taskbar and drop them above to open them in full-screen or split-screen multitasking mode.
- The My Files app has improved, which can now search information even with files and images. The search results can be sorted (date, file size, name, and file type) and can be filtered.
- A set of wallpapers can be created as a collection of backgrounds for the lock screen, and that collection can be edited.
- The more customized Samsung keyboard is now allowed the user to set different backgrounds for each contact. Also, you can rearrange expressions (emojis, stickers, and more) buttons by touching and holding them.
- The Galaxy Z Fold 2 can extract text from any image or even the stock camera app. Even Samsung Keyboard supports extracting text from the camera view.
- There is the Touchpad feature in the updated Flex Mode, you can use half of the internal foldable screen as a laptop touchpad when the phone is partially folded.
- Samsung added a few multitouch gestures to launch the multitasking view easily. In Windows handles, can be easily switched between fullscreen, split-screen, and pop-up views.
Ok, so while wrapping up, I would congrats if any German native if being reading the text. I must appreciate the revolutionary updates it made in Galaxy Z Fold 2 with Android 12L-based One UI 4.1.1. What do you think in the same context, leave it there in the comment box. Also, Stay in touch via @Samnews24…