WhatsApp is newly offering another way to make Messages It’s easy as pie, WhatsApp already has web and desktop apps. This will help to keep up to date with all your WhatsApp messages throughout the day.
For macOS and Windows, the web version and desktop app are working in the same course of action. It is also must same as your WhatsApp smartphone app. Here in this article, we’ll be going to see what are the WhatsApp Web or WhatsApp Desktop, how they work, and from where we can download the app, and shortcuts to use the app effectively.
What are the WhatsApp desktop and web apps?
With so considerably, WhatsApp Web and Desktop are computer-based extensions of the WhatsApp account on your phone. The messages you send and receive are synced between your phone and computer, and you can see your messages on both devices.
You can see exactly what is going on in your WhatsApp world while working on a Word document or replying to an email, without needing to take your smartphone out of your pocket.
How to download and use the WhatsApp desktop app and web apps?
Visit whatsapp.com/dl on your mobile phone to install. You can search by browsing the URL given in the previous sentence and download them by hitting download. Alternatively, if you don’t want to download it, go to the web-based version at web.WhatsApp.com.
-:Uses of WhatsApp desktop app and web apps:-
- Texts: Message your friends and family for free. WhatsApp uses your phone’s Internet connection to send messages so you can avoid SMS fees
Group chat: Keep in touch with the groups of people that matter the most, like your family or coworkers.
- WhatsApp on the web and desktop: Sync all your WhatsApp stuff on your desirable device, web, or desktop.
WhatsApp voice and video calls: Free video calls and Voice can connect you via face-to-face or audio conversation even far from home.
End-to-End encryption: Most personal moments shared on WhatsApp are built with end-to-end encryption into the latest versions of our app
Share Photo and Videos: Send photos and videos on WhatsApp instantly, even if you’re on a slow connection. Also, can use a built-in camera.
- Voice messages: In some activation can send voice messages, which will surely help in quick conversation while covering your matter more in a short time via audible chitchat.
Document Sharing Made Easy: Send PDFs, documents, spreadsheets, slideshows, and more, without the hassle of email or file sharing apps. You can send documents up to 100 MB, so it’s easy to get what you need over to who you want.
How do WhatsApp desktop and web work?
The WhatsApp web client uses your phone to connect and send messages – in a sense, everything is mirrored. Your web session stays active as long as your phone has a connection to the internet. This also means that your phone’s data connection is constantly being used.
Initially, it requires you to link your phone to them for them to work. You can do this after scanning the QR code using your mobile phone and authenticating your phone with your PIN, fingerprint, or Face ID in order to access your messages and conversations.
WhatsApp Web and Desktop Keyboard shortcuts
Numerous Keyboard shortcuts are available for WhatsApp Web and WhatsApp Desktop. You can use those while working actively and smartly. It is what I am listing down according to the devices, you use you can follow:
For Mac users, here are the handy shortcuts available:
- Mark as Unread: Cmd + Shift + U
- Mute: Cmd + Shift + M
- Archive Chat: Cmd + Shift + E
- Delete Chat: Cmd + Shift + D
- Pin Chat: Cmd + Shift + P
- Search: Cmd + F
- Search Chat: Cmd + Shift + F
- New Chat: Cmd + N
- Next Chat: Cmd + Tab
- Previous Chat: Cmd + Shift + Tab
- New Group: Cmd + Shift + N
For PC users, here are the shortcuts available:
- Mark as Unread: Ctrl + Shift + U
- Mute: Ctrl + Shift + M
- Archive Chat: Ctrl + Shift + E
- Delete Chat: Ctrl + Shift + D
- Pin Chat: Ctrl + Shift + P
- Search: Ctrl + F
- Search Chat: Ctrl + Shift + F
- New Chat: Ctrl + N
- Next Chat: Ctrl + Tab
- Previous Chat: Ctrl + Shift + Tab
- New Group: Ctrl + Shift + N
- Profile and About: Ctrl + P
- Increase speed of selected voice message: Shift +.
- Decrease speed of selected voice message: Shift +,
- Settings: Ctrl + ,
- Gif panel: Ctrl + G
- Emoji panel: Ctrl + E
- Sticker panel: Ctrl + S
What can’t you do on WhatsApp Web and WhatsApp Desktop?
Everything has some Considerations and as well as Arguments. WhatsApp also has some features that are counted under the heads that WhatsApp Web or WhatsApp Desktop cannot do.
- WhatsApp Web or WhatsApp Desktop in iPhones, you cannot clear or delete chats on linked devices.
- You cannot message or call someone who is using a very old version of WhatsApp, in that condition WhatsApp Web doesn’t support video calling or calling.
- You also can’t view live locations on linked devices and you can’t create and view broadcast lists on those devices.
- There is the last thing noted you can’t send messages with link previews from WhatsApp Web.
WhatsApp Web or WhatsApp Desktop is an online platform and is the most popular and preferred messenger service at this point in time out of many. However, now you are already much aware of its functionality and features after reading through the content above. I expect that the information may guide you in a sense, you can dump it in the comment box via @Samnews24 if find something new or want to suggest else.