Our traditional cable network connections have been replaced by Streaming apps that are present on TVs. With Samsung Smart TV being the main device for streaming movies, TV shows, and even a local channel, it’s important that the apps work perfectly. Sometimes it happens when Apps fail to serve and also cause irritation. Here in this article, we will be going to discuss different ways to fix Samsung TV apps not working.
What all we can opt for when apps refuse to work on a TV? Apps that are not working simply ruin the smart TV experience for most users. There are numerous troubleshooting methods you can follow to fix this issue. Let’s have an idea.
Samsung TV apps not working – Let’s fix it!
The various troubleshooting methods that you can follow to fix. Some reasons could be like none of the methods help you work, it would be advisable to get customer service to check your Samsung TV. Better first, try these troubleshooting steps.
Perform a Soft Reset
Performing a soft reset on your Samsung Smart TV will help to clear any type of bugs or glitches that might be causing the apps to either not work or not respond properly. Also, when you perform a soft reset, you will not be losing any data. There are two ways you can follow to perform a soft reset.
The first method, need to do is press and hold the power button on your remote. The TV should switch itself off and then switch itself back on.
Secondly, Power off and wail for 20-30 seconds then plug the TV back On.
Check for Software Updates
Although Samsung owners must know their TV runs on TizenOS which is really appreciated. But can be certain bugs that might be causing the apps to not work. After this, it is best said to check Samsung TV has a software update that will fix the issue. You can follow the steps to update the Samsung smart TV.
Press Home > Select Settings > Select Support> Select Software Update > Select Update Now > Select OK
You can ensure that your TV is back on the path after following certain steps of Software Updates.
Clear App Cache
In your Samsung TV Clearing, your app’s Cache can prevent you optimize its performance. Because sometimes apps can be glitchy if they received a new update that made some sort of changes So before going out to uninstall the app, it is worth a try to clear the cache of the app, Clearing the app cache helps to optimize its performance. You can follow certain steps to clear your cache.
- Tap the Home button on your Samsung smart TV’s remote control.
- Go to Settings.
- Select Apps.
- Go to the System apps.
- Choose the app you want to clear the cache with.
- Tap on “Clear cache”.
- Tap OK to confirm.
Reinstall the Application
Sometimes, clearing the cache doesn’t work, try to reinstall the app. You can try the alternative by following the steps listed below.
- Press the Smart Hub button from your remote.
- Select Apps.
- Search for the app you want to install by selecting Magnifying glass icon.
- Type the Name of the application you want to install. Then select Done.
- Select Download.
- Once the download completes, select Open to use your new app.
Check for App Updates
Reset Samsung Smart Hub
Smart Hub is the main section that houses all of your apps, it is best to reset the Samsung Smart Hub app. Not all Samsung smart TVs have the Samsung Smart Hub. The Smart Hub is a new way to get access to various apps across various categories. But if your Samsung smart TV has the Smart Hub, you can follow these steps to reset the Smart Hub.
Samsung Smart TVs 2020 and Older
- Press the Menu button on your TV Remote and navigate to the Settings menu.
- Now select the Support option followed by Self Diagnosis.
- You should see an option that says Reset mart Hub.
- Select it to reset the Smart Hub on your TV.
Samsung smart TVs 2020 and Newer
- Grab the TV remote and press the Menu button.
- Select the Settings menu and navigate to Support.
- Select Support followed by Self Diagnosis.
- Now, select the Reset Smart Hub option.
- The Smart Hub will be reset and you can launch the app and see if it’s working.
If the apps still not working can opt for another major step. That you can go to reset Samsung Smart TV.
Reset Samsung Smart TV
You can surely opt for a factory reset on your Samsung Smart TV. But ensure that you have all the tricks listed above cause this factory reset will lose your data. You will be losing all data including accounts that have been signed in, installed apps, TV settings, and wifi networks.
Kindly note if not sure that you have all the settings and passwords memorized. Although there are different Samsung TVs that have different ways to perform a factory reset. But you can follow certain steps if it’s retard for you.
- Press the MENU button on your remote.
- Select Support.
- Select Self Diagnosis.
- Select Reset.
- Enter your TV PIN.
- The Factory reset screen will appear displaying a warning message. Select Yes using the navigation buttons on the remote, and then press Enter.
So, These were all the troubleshooting steps that you need to follow if and when the apps on your Samsung smart TV stop working. Can share or dump in the comment box if something strange you encounter regardingly. Also, stay tuned for more new trips and tricks if having any issues!