Samsung’s next Galaxy Unpacked event is around the corner where the company will launch its new foldable phones, smartwatches, and more. Ahead of the event, Samsung has started sending out the testing information of One UI 5/One UI 4.1.1 to the Galaxy S21 smartphone users in the UK.
The Reddit user (matthewreiter73) has shared this information, if we look at Samsung’s build number on the image mentioned below, it is not clear whether this new testing is on Android 13-based One UI 5.0 beta/stable or Android 12-based One UI 4.1.1.
So this month is going to bring a huge change for Galaxy device owners as the company will send the One UI 5 testing notification anytime. The first device we are hoping to receive is the Samsung Galaxy Galaxy S22 series anytime. After the Galaxy S22, the Samsung Galaxy S21 series is on the line to experience the whole new features of One UI 5.
One UI 5.0/One UI 4.1.1 for Galaxy S21:
As per the Reddit user, the new software update for Samsung Galaxy S21 is rolling out with the firmware version One UI 5.0/One UI 4.1.1 G998BXXU5DVGA.
Android 12L-based One UI 4.1.1 Key Features:
- New two-column interface for the notification shade
- New taskbar UI for improved multitasking
Android 13-based One UI 5.0 Key Features:
- One UI 5.0 will bring Android 13 features
- Smoother animations
- Brand new customization options
- Swipe gestures for multitasking
- Redesigned notification panel
- Improved Material You
- Samsung One UI 5.0 Beta: Check new emojis that make your mind fresh
- Samsung One UI 5 (Android 13): Security, New Multitasking Gestures
- Samsung One UI 5 (Android 13): Stock Android permission, OCR (Optical Character Recognition) Copy text from Images
- Samsung One UI 5 (Android 13): Tweaked notification design, New Icons