Samsung rolled out the May 2022 security update to the Galaxy Z Flip in the US. The latest firmware update is currently available for both carrier-locked and carrier-unlocked models of the foldable smartphone. The global variant of the phone received the update a few weeks ago.
For your information, the latest software for the carrier-locked model of the Galaxy Z Flip is rolling out with the build number F700USQU4GVE9. For the unlocked model of the phone, the update comes with firmware version F700U1UEU4GVE9.
How to download the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip update:
If you are the owner of the Galaxy Z Flip user in the US, you can download and install the latest OTA update by heading over to Settings » Software update and clicking on Download and install.
Samsung launched the Galaxy Z Flip with Android 10 in early 2020. The phone received the Android 11-based One UI 3 update in early 2021 and the Android 12-based One UI 4 update in early 2022.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip Key Specifications:
- 12+12MP dual rear camera setup OIS (wide) 2PD F1.8 + (ultra wide) FF F2.2 | 10MP F2.4 front punch hole camera
- 17.01 centimeters (6.7-inch) HDR10+ dynamic AMOLED display with FHD+ resolution with 2636 x 1080 pixels resolution | Inner display 6.7 cover display – 1.05
- Memory, Storage & SIM: 8GB RAM | 256GB internal memory | Dual SIM (nano+nano) dual-standby (4G+4G)
- Android v10 operating system with 2.9GHz+2.4GHz+1.7GHz Snapdragon 855+ octa core processor
- 3300mAH lithium-ion battery (non-removable)
- 1 year manufacturer warranty for device and 6 months manufacturer warranty for in-box accessories including batteries from the date of purchase
- Side Fingerprint Scanner, Face Recognition, Wireless Power Share, Dual Sim – Nano sim + eSim