Qualcomm has finally moved its foot to bring the all-new Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 processor to the market. This new chipset is a good success of the existing Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 which you can remember used in the Samsung’s Galaxy S22 series.
This is a Samsung fans blog so we listed Samsung-related products meanwhile the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 was used in several high-end Android smartphones.
Why Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 processor is better than Snapdragon 8 Gen 1?
- The key to the new launch is it uses higher power efficiency.
- Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 processor uses SMC’s 4nm process rather than Samsung Foundry’s 4nm process.
- CPU and GPU clock speeds have been increased by 10%.
- It has one Cortex-X2 CPU core clocked at 3.2GHz, three Cortex-A710 CPU cores clocked at 2.75GHz, and four Cortex-A510 CPU cores clocked at 2GHz.
- The Adreno 730 GPU, which the company is now simply marketing at Adreno GPU, runs at 900MHz. Qualcomm claimed during the launch that the GPU’s power consumption has been reduced by 30%.
- The Adreno 730 GPU: 4K screens at 60Hz and QHD+ screens at 144Hz.
- HDR gaming,
- Triple-18-bit Spectra ISP supports up to 200MP sensors and up to 4K 120fps or 8K 30fps HDR video recording. It supports 108MP sensors, 64MP+36MP dual-camera systems, or 36MP+36MP+36MP triple-camera systems with zero shutter lag.
- Snapdragon X65 5G modem for mmWave and sub-6GHz 5G connectivity. Download speeds of up to 10Gbps are being quoted. The chipset supports 4×4 MIMO on sub-6GHz networks and 2×2 MIMO on mmWave networks. It also supports 5G connectivity on both SIM cards.
- Wireless: Beidou, Galileo, GLONASS, NavIC, GPS, QZSS, Wi-Fi 6E (with MU-MIMO), Bluetooth 5.3 (LE Audio, aptX, aptX Adaptive, and LDAC), and NFC. It also supports USB 3.1 Type-C connectivity and various biometric authentication systems (face, fingerprint, iris, and voice).
Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 is rumored to be used in the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4, Z Fold 4:
According to the latest information, Qualcomm’s all-new chipset Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 is expected to be used in the Galaxy Z Flip 4 and the Galaxy Z Fold 4. The expected date of these two foldable phones may be around August or September 2022.