Alright! Samsung has started rolling out a new software update for the Galaxy S22 series. This software update contains system stability improvement and more. For your information, the May 2022 software update for Galaxy S22 is rolling out in several countries for the models powered by the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 processor.
Samsung has fixed some of the bugs and oddities that are still part of the Galaxy S22 user experience for many customers, but sadly, in typical Samsung fashion, the company isn’t delving into more detail. As per the changelog, the update comes with firmware version S90xEXXU2AVE4 and is sized at 350 MB.
You can download the update over the air from the phone’s Settings » Software update menu; upgrading to the newest firmware is also possible by grabbing the relevant file for your country from our archives. The rollout will eventually expand to more and more countries, so be sure to check again sometime later if the update isn’t already available in your country.
SAMSUNG GALAXY S22 SPECIFICATIONS:
- Screen size: 6.1-inch AMOLED (2340 x 1080)
- Refresh rate: 48Hz – 120Hz (adaptive)
- CPU: Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 (US); Exynos 2200 (UK)
- RAM: 8GB
- Storage: 128GB, 256GB
- Rear cameras: 50MP wide (f/1.8); 12MP ultrawide (f/2.2); 10MP telephoto (f/2.4) with 3x optical zoom
- Front camera: 10MP (f/2.2)
- Battery size: 3.700 mAh
- Battery life (Hrs:Mins): 7:52
- Size: 5.7 x 2.8 x 0.3 inches
- Weight: 5.9 ounces
- Colors: Phantom Black, Phantom White, Green, Pink Gold