Samsung is now pushing out a new update to Nearby Device Scanning. The latest December 2023 update changelog fixes stability-related issues and more. Earlier, the Nearby Device Scanning was updated with notifications and show you a pop-up on the screen whenever it detects a Matter-compatible device nearby. The all-new update to the feature is being rolled out through Galaxy Store, which bumps the app’s version to 184.108.40.206.
Samsung Nearby Device Scanning 220.127.116.11 Changelog
- Stability and Bug fixes
How to use Nearby Share on your Galaxy smartphone
- On your Galaxy device open quick settings panel by swiping down from the top of the screen. If you have an S23 Ultra or the new Z Fold 5, this can also be done with a compatible S Pen.
- Now hit long-press Nearby Share.
- Enable Nearby Share by toggling it on.
- Tap Device Visibility.
- Here, you can choose to share with all of your contacts or select them individually. (Note: The person you wish to share with will also need to activate Nearby Share on their phone.)
- Now, when you’d like to share content from an app, you can just tap the Share icon. Nearby Share will appear at the top of the Share screen.
- Choose the contact you’d like to share content with and point at their phone. A blue circle will appear around your contact’s name when you point at them.
- Tap your contact’s name to start transferring.
Samsung Nearby Device Scanning is the platform service that provides easy connection between Galaxy accessories and Galaxy smartphone/tablet.