Google already fixes some of the bugs that have since rolled Android 14 Beta 2.1 long annoying users. After which the next release represents the platform stability. Whereby, the app developers are basically focusing on compatibility and quality respectively. This doesn’t mean Android 14 Beta 3 to be released will be 100% safe to install and it will still be unstable.
However, it does mean that developer APIs and app-facing behaviors are final and those who don’t mind taking some risks will get an early shot at using Android 14. Consecutively, it has been speculated the final stable version of Android 14 could be released in August till then we hope for the best to come.
Download the Android 14 Beta 2.1 update
Downloading the Android 14 Beta 2.1 update is hassle-free by going to Settings > System > System update. In case your Pixel is subscribed to the QPR3 Beta program, check for a software update. If you are running the QPR3 Beta program, ignoring the Android 14 Beta 2.1 update will allow you to receive the next QPR3 Beta update.
On June 5th, we could see the last and final version of Android 13 QPR3 released (aka the Quarterly June Pixel update), and subscribers to that beta will be able to exit without any penalty once they’ve installed the stable version of the update on their phones.
Android 14 Beta 2.1 fixes the following issues:
- Fixed more issues that could cause the battery percentage to display as 0% regardless of the actual charge level of the device. (Issue #281890661)
- Fixed issues that sometimes caused audio disruptions with the device’s speakers. (Issue #282020333, Issue #281926462, Issue #282558809)
- Fixed system stability issues that could cause apps or the device to freeze or crash. (Issue #281108515)
- Fixed an issue with always-on-display mode when using a device with Android Auto. (Issue #282184174)
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the Google Photos app to crash when trying to open certain photos.
- Fixed an issue where, while gesture navigation was enabled for a device, putting a video into picture-in-picture mode in the Google TV app made the picture-in-picture window disappear, even though playback continued and audio could still be heard.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Google Contacts app to crash when managing account settings.
- Fixed an issue where the icon for the Google Messages app did not display for notifications when the always-on-display mode was enabled.
- Android 14 Beta 2.1 is available for the Pixel 4a 5G, Pixel 5, Pixel 5a, Pixel 6, Pixel 6 Pro, Pixel 6a, Pixel 7, and Pixel 7 Pro.