If you are the one, who uses a Samsung phone then you will use a Samsung account in order to use exclusive apps and features. The same includes locating your lost phone or linking devices. Although, if you’re all set to switch to another Android phone, you don’t require your Samsung account.
Therefore, if you selling your Samsung device, you may not be required to delete your account. Since you might use it for a different device like Samsung Galaxy Watch 5. Further in this article, we also show you to remove your Samsung account from your phone, without deleting the whole account.
Note: It is worth noting that ‘Deleting’ your Samsung account is permanent all the way. As you can’t go back once you do it. Also, the information related to it is deleted completely. It includes cloud storage, Samsung Health data, and purchase history. If you’re switching Samsung phones, remove your account instead of deleting it.
Steps to delete your Samsung account
Here we cover the step to delete your Samsung account from a desktop or mobile browser. In order to want to remove it from your phone, then skip to the next section.
Also, these instructions were created using a desktop browser. At the same time, the mobile steps are similar.
- Log in to your account.
- Click the block near the upper-left corner with your profile picture to go to your Profile page.
- Click Manage to open your settings page.
- Click Delete account.
- Confirm that you understand the consequences of deleting your account.
- Click Delete to open an authentication window.
- Enter your password in the authentication window and click Done to confirm the deletion.
After deleting your account, you will get a notification via email to confirm your account was deleted.
Steps to remove a Samsung account from your phone
Also, it is suggested that do a factory reset if you going to recycle, sell or give your Samsung phone away. Since this wipes your personal data from your phone along with it. The steps to remove are as follows:
- Open Settings and tap your name and profile picture at the top of the page.
- Scroll down and tap Sign out to start the account removal process.
- Review the services you’ll lose access to, then tap Sign out in the lower-right corner of your screen to authenticate and confirm your account removal.
- Verify your identity using your biometrics or account password.
- Tap Okay in the lower-right corner of the screen.
Things that really need to know
You delete your Samsung account completely or remove it from your phone. It’s quite essential to remember that by doing so, you lose every functionality that comes by default with the account. Some important features you going to lose are Find My Mobile, Samsung Pay, and Samsung Cloud backup and restore functionality.