As we are all aware that in recent times various Samsung phones received a big upgrade to Android 13 (One UI 5). At the same time, we also used to listen to the complaints related to some apps, that are not working properly after the update. The apps are helpful, this app, and WhatsApp that are no longer works appropriately after the updates.
Samsung Galaxy with Android 13: Apps stop working
Since no new newer version of the Android operating system has been rolled so quickly to this number of smartphones. And Samsung’s Android 13 update (One UI 5 Upgrade) process is very time now, and it has been circulated to most phones.
With these so many new updated phones. There are many vibes in the market spread all around regarding the issues after upgrades. Since majorly is a structural problem, that is clearly caused by a major error in the software. And these problems arise on individual devices because of the different combinations of apps, usage patterns, and the software update itself.
Check your App permissions (permissions)
It has been notified that various applications have lost permissions after going through the Android 13 update. Considering the example of Whatsapp as many users ran into the same problem.
After the upgrade, possibly WhatsApp no longer gives notifications. Either the user is not able to share photos from the app itself. Also, the same problem with other apps too. Thus it’s not coincidently happening, as the cause would be the same, which is the App permission. Since these are the permissions, you need to suppose to give an app to use all kinds of features of your phone.
Therefore, in order to fix the problem, requires all sorts of permissions for the features that you want to intend to use. Here, we again consider WhatsApp as an example.
- In Settings, go to Apps
- Find the not working app in the list – in our case Whatsapp, and choose it
- Tap Permissions
- Under the section ‘Not allowed’ you now see the things that Whatsapp is no longer allowed to do on your phone
- To make sure that you can share all photos on your phone directly from Whatsapp. Tap Photos and videos, and check Allow.
- To show notifications again, do the same for Notifications: tap them, and then turn them back on. Then also choose what kind of notifications you want to allow.
- Other apps – or other features – may require you to re-grant completely different permissions. You will have to check this per app and function.
After doing the above steps, if all goes well then various problems with applications can be easily get rectified. Notably, you need to fix things in this way only because the future updates for the app or for your Galaxy will not voluntarily hand out permissions.