On December 05, 2022, Samsung Electronics officially promoted a female executive to the president of global marketing for its mobile business.
The company also promoted seven presidents, this is the first time Samsung has had a female president outside of the owner’s family.
Lee Young-hee was promoted to the president of the Global Marketing Center for Samsung’s Device eXperience (DX) division oversees its mobile business.
Lee Boo-jin, the first daughter of late Samsung Electronics Chairman Lee Kun-hee, is currently serving as the president and chief executive of Hotel Shilla, a Samsung affiliate. Lee Young-hee joined the tech giant in 2007 and was promoted to vice president in 2012.
Samsung 2023 Promotions
Vice President Kim Woo-joon, Head of Strategic Marketing Team
Network Business Department, DX Division, Samsung Electronics → President, Network Business Department, DX Division, Samsung Electronics
∙Samsung Electronics DX Division Global Marketing Center Vice President Lee Young-hee
- Samsung Electronics DX Division Global Marketing Director President
Samsung Electronics DS Division Global Manufacturing & Infrastructure Vice President Nam Seok-woo
- Samsung Electronics Global Manufacturing & Infrastructure General Manager Manufacturing
∙ Samsung Electronics DS Division Semiconductor Research Center Vice President Song Jae -hyuk
- Samsung Electronics DS Division CTO and) Semiconductor Research Center President
∙ Samsung Electronics DX Division Communication Team Leader Baek Soo-hyun Vice President
- Samsung Electronics DX Division Communication Team Leader President
Samsung C&T E&C Communication Team Vice President Park Seung -hee
- Samsung Electronics CR (Corporate Relations) President
Samsung Electronics China Strategic Cooperation Office Deputy Director Yang Gul Vice President
- Samsung Electronics China Strategic Cooperation Office President
Change of appointment
Samsung Electronics DX Division Network Business Manager Jeon Jeon-Hoon President
- Samsung Electronics DX Division CTO and President of Samsung Research
∙ Samsung Electronics DX Division, Samsung Research Head, Seung Hyun-joon President
- Samsung Electronics DX Division, Samsung Research Global R&D Cooperation President
The above list of president promotions and appointment job changes was officially announced.