Speech-to-Text is one of the most essential features of any platform. This is also called Dictation Mode and is quite useful of all time if it let you allow swear. Also by default, Android’s speech-to-text function censors curse words by using asterisks. And for the people who tend to use bad words (potty-mouths), this is easy to turn off irrespective of the keyboard of the phone. In this article, we will discover the steps to allow swear words on Android.
Turn Off Censorship in Samsung Keyboard and SwiftKey
Talking about Samsung phones, use a default keyboard that includes Samsung keyboard and certain other applications. It includes Swiftkey which uses Bixby for dictation. Whereby, one actually needs to go into Bixby’s settings in order to change it. As you won’t find the same in the system settings menu. Go through the below steps:
- Open the keyboard in any app and press the microphone to let Bixby start listening.
- While the microphone is up, tap on the gear icon to open Voice Settings.
- In the settings screen, un-check Hide offensive words. Bixby will stop censoring your curse words when you dictate.
Now further, in order to give it a quick test to make sure it works.
Enable Speech-to-Text Swearing in Gboard
Since many smartphones use Google’s Gboard by default. As this has many great features but still censors your curses by default. However, the method for alteration is different since it uses internal software in spite of Bixby for dictation.
- Here first there is a need to open the Gboard settings. To do the same, there are two ways.
- Either pull up Gboard in any app and long-press the comma. Tap the gear icon when it pops up.
- Alternatively, Go to Settings > System (or General management) > Languages and input > On-screen keyboard > Gboard.
- Further select the Text correction menu, where you will see an option labeled Block offensive words. Tab this off.
- Now this will also allow Gboard to suggest profanity in its predictive text at the time of typing.
Additionally, If you changed your Android Keyboard to a different app, you can still navigate to that app’s settings this way.
Unblock Offensive Words on Android
After adjusting these settings, it is easy to carry on swearing like a sailor in dictation mode. Here, the only thing which needs to take care of is the accuracy of how the software transcribes the speech in order to avoid any unfortunate happening.