Emergency SOS topic is currently gathering heat all over the world. The latest feature is able to provide emergency help when you are stuck somewhere in critical condition.
Samsung’s Emergency SOS is one of the leading applications that helps you when you are in an emergency like you won’t be able to text or call, then the exact work of Emergency SOS starts. By quickly pressing the power key button 3 times, you are able to send a quick alert to your emergency contacts. You can also record 5 seconds of audio or video from both front and back cameras.
Once the SOS message is sent, your emergency contacts will be able to locate your exact location and view your photos and audio files via MMS messages. Now, Samsung has updated its Emergency SOS application with the latest November 2022 app version 14.0.00.42.
How to add emergency contacts on Samsung devices?
- Launch your Settings > Advanced features
- Scroll down the page and tap on Send SOS message
- Toggle on Send SOS message
- Read through the Terms and Conditions and tap the Agree button to proceed to the next step
- Tap Add to create an emergency contact
- Select your preferred emergency contacts then tap on Done
- Toggle on or off Attach pictures or Attach audio recording.
- When sending SOS messages to your emergency contacts, quickly press the power button 3 times.
- Once the SOS message has been sent the receiving emergency contact will be provided with a link straight to Google Maps to locate your exact location. They will also able to view the pictures and audio files sent via MMS.
Recently, Huawei and Apple brings satellite connectivity. Called Emergency SOS via satellite, the new feature is designed to connect you to emergency personnel when traditional cellular and Wi-Fi service isn’t available.