Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Series was launched on August 10, 2022. The Galaxy Watch 5 comes in 40mm and 44mm variations with a variety of strap and case combinations. Samsung brings sapphire crystal glass, it’s 60% more durable this time around.
Now, the question that comes to our mind is whether the newly launched Galaxy Watch 5 features SOS call 911 or emergency services when activated. So the answer is yes, the Galaxy Watch has a feature called “SOS.”
How to enable SOS on your Galaxy Watch 5 and 5 Pro
- Check your Galaxy Phone and click on the Samsung Wearable app.
- From there, select your watch and tap Watch settings.
- Scroll down to Safety and emergency and tap it.
- Toggle on SOS with the Home key.
- Check on the additional settings like contacts to message and call.
- You can choose multiple message recipients and one contact to call during an SOS activation.
- Click SOS with Home key to change how many key presses it takes to activate or turn on a countdown.
Does Galaxy Watch 5’s SOS mode call 911? is it true?
The answer is No, SOS mode will not call 911. The mode will, however, start an immediate call to your set emergency contact and start sharing your location with selected individuals.
Meanwhile, Samsung also added a 3-in-1 bioactive sensor bundling an Optical Heart Rate Sensor, an Electrical Heart Sensor, and a Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis sensor.
There is a new body temperature sensor that Samsung claims is accurate even when the surrounding environment may be much hotter or colder than your body.