Since by the time of the recent Galaxy launch which was held earlier this month, we continuously tend to listen to lots of updates with respect to these devices. Samsung unveiled its fourth generation Galaxy foldable, Z Fold4 and Z Flip4 lineup alongside Galaxy Watch5 and Galaxy Buds2 Pro.
As a part of this, they bring various hardware and software updates to the table. Now, here we specifically talking about the updates which would be brought by the new range of Wear OS smartwatches. And with respect to these improvisations, a couple of new Galaxy watch faces are also in the row. Therefore if someone owns an older Galaxy Watch4 then this piece of information gives a vibe of joy to them as well. As Watch4 owners can install the new Galaxy Watch5 watch faces on their smartwatches.
Galaxy Watch5 APK files
The same information is brought by XDA member niff2005, as they were able to extract the APK files for five new Galaxy Watch5 watch faces from the firmware. These APK files can be sideloaded on your Galaxy Watch4 using ADB. Although, only four out of five available watch faces going to work on the Galaxy Watch4. Among all faces, the new HealthMonitor watch face does not work on the Galaxy Watch4. However the same already exists in the older version of the smartwatch. Let’s have a look at the new watch faces below.
Steps to follow
Now, to install these watch faces on your Galaxy Watch 4, all you need to download the ZIP file. With the respective APKs from the XDA forum thread which is also linked below. Then Enable ADB debugging and debugging over Wi-Fi from the Developer Options.
- The next is to connect your watch to a Wi-Fi network and note the IP address mentioned under the Debug over Wi-Fi option. Before doing so, make sure your PC is connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Moving further, the next is to open a command prompt window in the directory where you have ADB platform tools installed. Then Type “adb connect” followed by the IP address in the command prompt window and hit enter.
- Now, it instantly shows the prompt on your watch asking you to allow debugging. Select OK, if you want to allow debugging one time. Always allow it from this computer if you prefer don’t repeat the process again and again. The next step to do is, to type the following ADB command. And hit enter to install the watch face APK.
- To be noted, for this command to work, you also need to have the respective APK files in the same directory as ADB platform tools.
- After the installation is complete, it shows the “Success” in the command prompt window. Now, the step is to disconnect from ADB using the following command:
- Now, here are you able to see the new watch face on your Galaxy Watch4. And for editing, it is recommended by niff2005 that editing should be done on a smartwatch instead of the Galaxy Wearable app. As editing on the app seems to break the watch faces.
Also as mentioned above, in all Galaxy Watch4 models, four out of the five watch face APKs should work as intended.